Things are looking good so far. However, having looked at your research it’s clear that all of you need to apply more media language to your research. We will go through this in class, but in the meantime, here is an overview:
- Target audience – demographic and psychographic
- Audience pleasures – sensory, cognitive, emotional, cathartic, guilty, transgressive
- Narrative codes – linear, non linear, enigma codes, action codes, Todorov’s equilibrium theory, Propp’s fairy tale narrative theory
- Representation – who is represented? How are they represented (refer to camera set up, sound etc.)? Are they powerful or weak? Are they morally good or bad? Why?
- Ideology – are there any underlying beliefs and values apparent in the text?